To access the live webinar, please click on this link: https://youtu.be/MNwblfIWz2Q
DESIGN EXPO 2020 – FREE LIVE WEBINAR
SPECIAL GUEST: Karla Paliska, designer, STUDIO RU:T
Note: the live webinar will be held in English
Designing for the everchanging world
January 21th, 7 PM – 8 PM (CET)
We will discuss why and how we should change our approach to product design in order to make it less susceptible to trends, more adaptable to changes and more relevant for longer periods of time. We will conclude with our thinking about where the focus in product design will be in the upcoming decade and how it ha been driving our design practice.
- Prediction as part of the design process
- Making long-lasting and relevant design
Who we are, what we do?
Studio RU:T is a multidisciplinary design studio founded in Zagreb, Croatia by Tvrtko Bojić and Karla Paliska, who have been working together since 2015. They specialize in product and industrial design, visual communications, spatial concepts and interventions. In their work they focus on practical and sustainable solutions, as well as experiments that question the concepts of living.
2. Prediction as part of the design process
- Key to understanding needs (why we shouldn’t use the word “user” and how to identify needs that are not apparent in order to make products that are meaningful and innovative)
- How to be creative and innovative
3. Making long-lasting and relevant design
- Principles of good design
- Ethics and design. Why “ethics” is the next buzzword in the design discourse
Questions can be collected through the promotional announcement of the webinar itself or in a live chat during the webinar. Questions can be sent in advance to email@example.com Expected Q&A time – approx. 20 min.